Friday, November 13, 2015

Rise to Action for Women October 5, 2015

WOw.  That is really all I can say about this week.  President Ivory told me that for my last transfer I would experience a change of pace and I don't think he was lying! Buc is a HUGE city!!! 

This week Was so crazy! I got down here for transfers and found out that we would be changing apartments, moving into an Elders apartment in fact.  But we were not able to get our stuff moved until Friday.  That apartment was so messy!! And I was told by Elders that it was the cleanest one in Bucuresti.  As we were scrubbing my companion and I were not to worried about being married anytime soon.  Don't want a sister missionary to think about marriage? Have her go clean an Elders apartment. 

There are 8 missionaries in my district. I know right! 8!!! And there are 2 districts here in Buc, so that  makes 16 missionaries total.  I felt like I was at a zone conference!! It is so weird having so many of us.  But my district this week met in the metro and had something called a "Metro Race." Now as I think about it I think we are probably the only mission in the world that can do that because our city is not split into zones, the whole city is our sandbox:) So we got on the metro with a point system established of contacting, conversing, getting phone numbers and getting back to the meet up point first.  Of course my companion and I rocked it!!! We even had time to get a covrig!! Slow and steady wins the race man! 

My favorite part from conference was Elder Nelson: 

Much of the major growth that is coming to the Church in the last days will come because many of the good women of the world (in whom there is often such an inner sense of spirituality) will be drawn to the Church in large numbers. This will happen to the degree that the women of the Church reflect righteousness and articulateness in their lives and to the degree that the women of the Church are seen as distinct and different—in happy ways—from the women of the world.
- President Kimball
"Step forward, take your rightful and needful place in the home and in the kingdom of god.  More than ever before I plead with you to fullfill his prophecy and I I promise you in the name of jesus christ that as you do so  the holy ghost will magnify your influence in an unprecedented way... 
And as one of his apostles I thank you my dear sisters and bless you to rise to your full stature to fulfill the measure of your creation as we walk arm in arm in this sacred this work.  Together we will help prepare the world for the second coming of the Lord."

When he ended his talk on this I felt the spirit so incredibly strong.  It has been amazing to see who I have become on my mission, and I hope to continue to grow so that I can do my part in fullfiling that 
prophecy. 

An edition from Kimballs talk not included in conference:

"Thus it will be that female exemplars of the Church will be a significant force in both the numerical and the spiritual growth of the Church in the last days.

No wonder the adversary strives, even now, to prevent this from happening!"- President Kimball.

I mean so cool!! The church is true, the book is blue, but it should be red.
-Sora Long

No comments:

Post a Comment