Friday, November 13, 2015

The Gang October 19, 2015

I am sorry to say I am becoming worse and worse at writing my e-mails home!! I apologize for this and hopefully I will be able to write about what happened a little bit this week.  

While we were at the church for our amazing English Class there was a meting in the building and I was able to see Mariana and Eva from  Constanta again and I was so happy!!!! It was so interesting because I really looked at myself and saw how much I changed:) 

Probably the highlight of my week was when a little gang of 8 year olds surrounded my companion and I at a metro entrance.  The shortest of the bunch being a leader with a cigarette in his mouth about as long as his face.  They left us alone for the most part and just tried to do tricks, but one of them leaned over and started pretending to speak to us in English.  Soon the whole crew was laughing!! So I turned and asked them questions about skateboarding, using all the trivia I knew about it (TONY HAWK) and then before you knew it we were best friends.  I asked them for a selfie and all of them could get over for the picture fast enough. 

We had a district contacting activity this week and Sora Pusey and I were in Charge of it.  The Amazing Race through Herestrau Park.  It was pretty intense and at the end of contacting all of the companionships were running from different corners of the park to the metro where we had to take a picture of us next to a clock to see who was first.  As we got down there, we spotted the Elders zipping away in the train fist bumping the air having beat us.  Too funny!!! But plot twist the SISTER companionship, Sora Green and Sora Spangler had come, taken a pic and left on the previous train and went for the win. 

We have one new investigator this week Cristina.  She is amazing!!! She really liked the lesson on the restoration, and is going to read the Book of Mormon.   We won't be able to meet with her very often due to her crazy work schedule.  But hopefully she will progress!! 

I love this branch.  I feel like I walked into a small ward in Utah.  They are amazing people and are people that are making sacrifices in order to have the church in their lives. Last night we headed to the mission presidents house to teach a member present with them, but the investigator didn't show up.  We had dinner with the Ivorys and with Sister Ivorys parents who are amazing!! There were also two other women who just moved into the branch and both had incredible stories.  My personal favorite part of that lesson was talking to Ellis, President Ivory's son who is 12 years old.  I felt like I was talking to my cute little Dalan!! I know that you are older Dal, but still.  We talked about pysch and how funny Burton Guster was and had the best time over dinner.  Ellis even mentioned that his dream one day was to try butter on a stick deep fried to which we were all surprised to discover was a real thing that another guest had actually tried and liked!!   

I love my district right now.  Literally there are so many missionaries in this city it bows my mind and they are all hilarious. They are working so hard and I am so impressed with how incredible they all are.  It is a completely different mission than when I first came into it and I am hoping it only get better. 

Love you lots! 
-Sora Long

No comments:

Post a Comment