Friday, November 13, 2015

Sora Kranacs August 3, 2015

Just dropped my memory card inside the computer.  Don't ask how I did it or why there was a hole big enough in the computer to actually do that. All I know is that it is crazy hot inside this cafe this week!!! 

Went to Sora Krnacs' farm this week and helped her out a little bit she taught me how to milk a goat at my insistence.  She is a wonderful woman!!! I have really enjoyed getting to know her.  
We taught a lesson this week to about 8 kids about the plan of salvation and when we asked if they wanted to be baptized one of them said yes, nd all the others were nodding their heads.  Then their mom, who is a member and wants us to teach her children said shockingly, "Sorin! You want to be baptized?!" He replied, "I don't know..." And she said, "Then why one earth did you say yes?!" I tried to tie it back and said, "You said that you would be baptized it you felt it was true. Right?" And he said, "No." And it was lost all the kids said no.  So close!! We will try again this week and for sure talk to the mom a little more. 

This picture, it is real is all I can say. I know I don't look the best, but take into consideration I was on a farm. 

I went on exchange with Sora Allen this last week. She is a pretty special missionary, I always knew that because of our time together at the MTC and has always been my good friend here on the mission. When we started our day out we found a less active member and taught her a lesson.  As we were headed back to centru, we walked passed a woman on the street that I somehow recognized. She was carrying cleaning supplies with her down the street. After she passed I turned to Sora Allen and said, "I have made that woman cry before." 
A couple weeks ago Sora Cutler and I were contacting survey style and we had asked people two questions.  The first, Do you believe in God? And the second, If you could ask God one question what would it be?
We had talked to this woman, when asked if she had one question for God what would it be she answered, 
"If he would heal my son."
I testified of the Savior and his ability to heal all who come to him. It was a simple testimony, but by the end she was crying.  Then I told her who we were and that we, as missionaries, help people find answers to their questions for God. We asked if we could meet with her.
"No," She said," I am Pentecostal.  I have my religion and you have yours." But she could not stop crying. We gave her our phone number told her that God loved her and left. 
Fast forward to Sora Allen and I walking down the street. I asked if we should go talk to her and Sora Allen said. "Yeah!" And as this woman was now quite a distance always we literally ran after her down the street. When we got close to her we slowed down and she set down her cleaning supplies.  I turned to ask her a question,"Do you know where the -- Hey! I have met you before! How are you doing?"  Recognition hit her face and we chatted with her for a little bit about her day.  We asked if we could help her carry her stuff home and she said, "Oh I am fine I live just around the corner." But soon she opened up about her hardships.  Her Son is very sick and they are actually headed to a hospital in Timisoara today for some testing. Sora Allen bore testimony of God's love for her and her son and she started crying again.  Then Sora Allen asked if we could come over for a minute and share a message. "Of course!" She said so we followed her to her home carrying her cleaning supplies.  She let us into her small one room apartment that is about the size of our entrance at home. It had two couches and a tv that only showed green and purple colors.  Her son had been sleeping and she woke him up, "Rafael, These are the girl I told you about.  The ones I talked to in the park that made me cry." We had a powerful lesson.  We taught her of the atonement and how it ot only covers sins but pains of the world.  She was crying again as soon as we said the first prayer.  The words where just falling out of our mouths.  The spirit put them there.  Sora Allen bore witness that we did not met again by chance but that we were an answer to her prayers.  We told her we had a unique message and that we would love to come back and share it and Cati said, "Of course!" I said the closing prayer and even then the spirit was giving me what I should pray for. It is the strangest thing when the spirit guides your words.  It is like they are placed into your mind and they fall out. I could hardly remember what I prayed for.  She walked us to the gate and waved us goodbye.  Sora Allen and I left feeling like we had just walked out of a movie moment.  There was a group of shady guys that we had to walk past earlier that day and when we walked passed the first time they jeered at us.  The second time after our lesson it was like we were surrounded by Angels none of them said a word and I wasn't even the slightest bit afraid of them, at that moment we were filled with incredible spiritual power lifting us up. We were effective and powerful advocates of the truth. 
That is all for this week, get ready for a lot of sweaty pictures!! 
-Sora Long

No comments:

Post a Comment