Friday, November 13, 2015

Transfer number 10!!!! July 6, 2015

WHAT?!!! 
Do you know what this means? I am so close to being done it is not even funny. I AM OLD in the mission!! 

Transfer boards came out this week and I am losing my dear Sora Dupont, she is amazing.  By far one of the most pure spirits I have ever met.  With her it was so easy to feel the spirit working and guiding us with our investigators and lessons.  But alas all good things must come to an end and although we both tried to convince president to keep us together, she is leaving Arad for Brasov and I am training again!!! 

I am so humbled to be training again, and incredibly excited.  With how many missionaries are coming into the mission it looks as though this will be my last opportunity to train so I better make it a good one.  

I went on exchange to Cluj-Napoca this week, and wow what an amazing city! It had these crazy hills.  I have been pretty lucky in my mission so far, no hilly cities.  But when we had finished with a lesson and face a nice long steep hill I turned to Sora Seare and said, "I really want to run down this thing." And she said, "Go for it!" And I took off literally sprinting down the hill.  It was so fun!! It was like the days of cross country all over again.  I don't know what that did for the missionary image to see a strange foreign girl running down a crazy steep hill in a skirt, a blue book and some type of name badge, but hey you only mission once.  

I got Laryngitis after the exchange though and I am still sick!! Actually I don't really know what it is, I just diagnosed myself. I haven't had a voice in 5 days.  Last night was miserable!! I was on a 10 hour sleeper train, and man I got no sleep.  I couldn't breath because of my stuffy nose and horrible headache and of course, there is no such thing as air conditioning on the trains here;) Really strange experience.  I almost woke up the Elders in the next cabin for a blessing because I was so sick and miserable, but it is so hard to fall asleep on these trains I felt too guilty.  So I said an earnest prayer and asked what to do.  I had the impression to check my wallet, in the broken coin pouch I found two very... smashed looking, and wetish pills of ibprophen.  I took them and laied back down and was able to sleep for the last 2 hours of the train ride. miracle man!! And somehow I am still alive typing right now even though it is 8:40.

Anyways I am going to continue to be trained here and I will let you know what happens this week, on monday next week!! Mom I am feeling a lot better, still got the boogies, and no voice, but better:) 
-Sora Long

No comments:

Post a Comment