Friday, November 13, 2015

WELCOME TO HOGWARTS!! September 7, 2015

aka Castelul Corvinilor

Well this week is just another normal day in Romania except for the fact that I got to wear pants:) That was a great day. I don't really like pants anymore though... so... that was a new discovery...


​If you look really close our district is on the bridge. Elder Soelberg was nice enough to take this picture!!


​This castle heavily inspires the creation of the Hogwarts castle.  If you notice down on the left there is a willow tree.  I mean I was pretty stoked to be in my own little Harry Potter world. I think I was the nly one in the group noticing the similarities...


Onto more important things:

We had a normal turnout for English here in Arad, about 14 students but we have several that are promising as far as the gospel. One student that came had quite an amazing Story. Noiemi is a brand new student and showed up late for class but ended up being our only student between Sora Cutler and I. She told us that she needed to practice her English for work and that she was so happy we offer these classes here in Arad. We asked her how she found out about the classes and told us her story. Over four years ago she accepted an English card from a missionary on the street and put it in her purse. After she got this new job here that required English she struggled for a long time and really needed a course. When she was looking through her purse she found that English card she had received 4 years ago. She called the number but it was disconnected and looked up online to find the address. She found that the address was only about 10 minutes away from her apartment so she walked over to see if the classes were still happening. When she got to the church she found an English poster hanging on the window telling her that English was starting that week. There are many cool things about this story one of them being that the poster had been hung up on the window only hours before she made her journey to the church.

At the end of that class during the spiritual thought I looked out at the class as we were each talking a little bit about our families and I pondered over a line in a blessing that I had received almost a year ago in my first city. I was told that I would find the person that I was sent here to find. Before that I never thought that we were sent to our missions specifically to find certain people, but that there would always be someone somewhere that we could always help. But I knew that this was something a little more specific. I was pondering this phrase and wondering to myself if I would ever find that "person" before the end of my mission and if I did would I even know it was them? What difference would I make in their life? When I looked at Noiemi the spirit was so incredibly strong it brought tears to my eyes. She is the one. I know that I have helped many people on my mission come closer to Christ, not much as far as watching them be baptized, but I have worked hard and I boldly invite people to be baptized as well as have the belief and faith that they will be baptized and I know many of the people I talked with will one day come to accept the gospel as truth. But in this moment the spirit bore witness to me that Noiemi was one of the reasons I was sent to this mission. For the next 30-40 minutes I felt a continuing fire in my heart that she was "the one." She is one that all of us in this district in Arad are suppose to meet and love and I am so excited. I do not know how we will help her or how much, but both Sora Cutler and I are so excited to teach her. 


This is our cute little FHE here in Arad.  We are meeting once a week to read the Book of Mormon together.


#Selfieatacastle

​I mean seriously!! Coolest place ever!!

Well until next week!!! Love you all!! 

-Sora Long

No comments:

Post a Comment